Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Of Lost Lives and the Future of Nigeria

I heard people talk about losing their sons and kinsmen in the war against Boko Haram when calling into Nigeria Info FM this morning. What got to me the most is the fact that many of these people believe that the FG toyed with the lives of the dead soldiers by not responding to the Boko Haram threat early enough.

And I have good reason to believe that GEJ deliberately allowed the insurgency in the North East to grow in order to decimate the numbers of the North. A PDP aspirant for House of Reps told me yesterday that it is a South-South agenda.

More than 15,000 lives have been lost to the bombings and attacks in Northern Nigeria since 2009 when the Boko Haram menace began to fester. It is a sad report on the FG under GEJ that it allowed many innocents die like cheap livestock while playing the ostrich.

While I praise the military for its recent achievements, one cannot but ask: what were they doing all this time? what did you do with all the resources you have amassed over the last four years? why have you allowed our young soldiers die ignoble deaths?

They don't even tell us the number of Nigerian soldiers that have perished.

In lieu with the politicians, the Nigerian military has become without honour.

While the military claim not to have arms to fight, GEJ has empowered a private army in the Delta waters that now owns warships and war boats.

Are they preparing for a war? Who knows?

And do not be taken in by the statement made by the President that he underestimated the threat of Boko Haram, that just shows he doesn't understand the primary job of his office.

I insist that a country that wants to move forward would vote anyone but Goodluck Jonathan​ as its president. He is a man that is content to play poker with the lives of his countrymen all in the name of North-South politics.

I dare to say that this President is not speaking for me and many other well meaning Southerners that I know. He is certainly not speaking for my family and I.

#Change #AnyoneButGEJ

No comments:

Post a Comment