Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nigeria Represented at Obama Rally in Berlin!


Photo taken by Charles Ommanney for Newsweek.

I was browsing through a back copy of Newsweek (August 4 edition) a couple of moments ago and saw the picture of Barack Obama's speech in Berlin Germany, last month.

When I looked closer, to my amazement, I saw the Nigerian flag and a Nigerian lady standing behind it. The green-white held a pride of place as Obama trotted the aisle towards the dais where he delivered his world unity speech to 200, 000 Berliners.

And ensconced in that huge crowd was a proud Nigerian flying our flag thousands of kilometres across the world. She was clapping alongside Europeans who were savouring the beauty of the moment.

Does anybody know this lady who is very proud of her 9janess even while looking forward to a better world, that which Obama represents?

I couldn't but share the picture with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment