Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Independence Nigeria!!!


I am lucky to be a Nigerian as my country clocked 50 today. I look back on the life I have lived and bless the Lord for the opportunities that have come my way.

Nigeria is a very important country in the world and Nigerians have made an appreciable impact on all spheres of life.

We love life. We love to work. We love to help people. However, we sometimes get carried away with the perquisites of office to forget to lend a helping hand and work for the improvement of our country.

The journey to the next 50 years has already begun. I make my vow to help improve, in every way I can, the fortunes of my country.

It is interesting that I am typing this post in Accra, the same city, where I wrote the first post on this blog three years ago during Ghana's 50th anniversary.

The issues which both countries face are different. We must all keep striving to the best we can and hold our leaders accountable for their actions.

I love you Nigeria. I am proud to be African in the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment